Monday, April 11, 2016

Contemporary Literature as comic

I found this concept a little hard to understand when I first read it. Honestly that may because I never thought of comics were not literature.  But these is a sophistication to these stories that I understand is a little easier for people to call "literature". Asterios Polyp is an interesting take on the idea. I didn't like I'd like Asterios for the first few pages.  I tend to have a hard time reading sophisticated or wordly writing but I liked how figurative the drawing were.  As I read, I actually had a hard time stopping once I got started.  The combination of the interesting story and amazingly design art from the character design to the panel design. It's wonderful made book, a pleasure to read and look at.  The character despite being unliked to follow, you do want to figure what happens to him.  And I almost missed the great end because I thought it was an end page.

No comments:

Post a Comment